Sunday 27 October 2013

Reformation Sunday

Pastor Bell had a wonderful glass icon of the Luther Rose with him at service on Sunday, which he used in the children's address.  It was a wonderful reminder to all of us older Christians about our faith.  His explanation went like this.

Martin Luther wanted to tell other people what he believed about God. He taught them using this picture. Can you spot a cross, a heart, a rose, a blue background, and a gold ring? Here’s a simple way to understand what Martin Luther wanted people to understand….

The Cross 
First, there is a black cross in the middle of a red heart. This reminds me that I believe with my heart that Jesus loves me!

The Heart Even though there is a black cross on the heart and I know that Jesus died on a cross for me, the heart stays colorful and alive. God is the creator and care-taker of all life.

The Rose The heart lies on a white rose like a soft blanket reminding me that my faith gives me joy, peace and comfort. The rose should be white because white is the color of angels.

The Blue Background Blue is the color of the sky and reminds me of heaven. It is also the color of hope all the wonderful things God has promised me.

The Gold Ring Gold is one of the most precious metals in all the earth. God loves each one of us as if we were the most precious thing in all the world. When I look at the ring I don’t see a beginning or an end to it. This is just like God’s love for the world that will last forever and will never end.

By Christine Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.